TT284 Web Technologies is a level two Open University module now in its second year of presentation and compulsory on the solutions development pathway of BSc (Hons) Computing and IT (B62). From the module description:
This course will give you an insight into architectures, protocols, standards, languages, tools and techniques; an understanding of approaches to more dynamic and mobile content; and demonstrate how you can analyse requirements, plan, design, implement and test a range of web applications.
Continue reading “Thoughts on Web Technologies (TT284)”
T175 results out today, got a pass (OES 89% and OCAS 94%). One more course out of the way, a third of the way to a BSc (Hons) Computing and IT.
With ten years remaining in my contract and the government’s intentions unclear, I’ve decided to get my finger out and focus on completing the BSc (Honours) Computing and IT (B62). It can use 120 points from four completed modules – M150, T175, MST121 and M255 as well as 30 points from MS221, which I have already started.
At level two I’m taking two courses on top of MS221 which I intend to study concurrently, so as to be half way through by the end of next year:
- T215 – Communication and information technologies (60)
- MT264 – Designing applications with Visual Basic (30)
Leaving 120 points at level 3:
- M359 – Relational databases: theory and practice (30)
- M364 – Fundamentals of interaction design (30)
- M366 – Natural and artificial intelligence (30)
- TM470 – The computing and IT project (30)